complete portal for super star mahesh fans

E-Mail updates for special viewers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog hits

earn by clicking

  • http://gptreasure.com/register.php?ref=shivamahesh

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

amritha abt mahesh and athidhi





A mrita Rao certainly seems to be going places. The actress has had super success with a Telugu film titled Athidhi with Telugu star Mahesh Babu, directed by Surendra Reddy. She has also bagged a presti gious film with Shyam Benegal, titled Mahadev.



Speaking about Athidhi, Amrita says, "The film is in a dreamlike surreal manner, in which my imaginations rise to the level of overshad owing the superwoman. It is on the lines of Matrix. I have different look in the film. It is unlike the characterisation and persona that I have portrayed in Hindi films. It has been received well. I saw people literally celebrating the film. They came with tons of confetti and aimed it across the screens in joy."



About mastering the language that she had to speak for the film, Amrita says, "I had to work a lot on the language. I am a perfectionist and so I did a lot of homework. Mahesh kept reminding me to put in my best for this role. The kind of stunts I enacted was the first time that any female artiste has done in the South."



When asked what made her turn towards South Indian cinema Amrita says, "I have always cherished being a part of the Hindi film industry and now I am already 10 films old. When I got an offer from Mahesh, I was very nervous about how I could ever work with such a brilliant actor. He is the Shah Rukh Khan of the South. He reminded me a lot of Shah Rukh in Main Hoon Naa. What is great about him is that he understands others and has no ego issues. He is very helpful. The script was also mind blowing so I could not refuse the offer. If I get good scripts, I shall continue working in the South."



Amrita has been linked with most of her co-stars, so obviously she wasn't spared the same treatment as far as Mahesh was concerned. She laughs and replies, "Are people really linking me with him? Rumours don't bother me now. It's a part of the experience in the industry.



By now I have got accustomed to these linkups and as long as I know what's happening in my life, it doesn't trouble me. Why should Namrata (Mahesh's wife) be insecure when there is nothing between us?
Amrita is also doing E. Niwas' My Name Anthony is Gonsalves and Anil Kapoor's home production Short Cut, starring Akshaye Khanna and Arshad Warsi


No comments: